38.SS-Division "Nibelungen"

Tuntud ja tundmata Eesti sõjamehed ...
Ultima
Kasutaja

38.SS-Division "Nibelungen"

Postitus Postitas Ultima »

Tammiksaar named two men, which were send from Bad Tölz to 38. SS Division Nibeungen:

Hanson, Kuno (*01.01.24) - nationality? Estonian or German? Did he go to germany in 1940?
Kargaja, Hans (*19.06.20, Tallinn)

Did someone have more information on these two?
Personal data? From which unit did they go to Bad Tölz?
In which unit did they do duty at 38.SS?
Are they any other estonian soldiers at 38.SS?

Thanks and best regards
Ultima
Kasutaja avatar
uscha
Administraator
Kontakt:

Postitus Postitas uscha »

Not much to know about estonians in 38th SS division "Niebelungen".

After the last, 18th, Lehrgang in Bad Tölz, which took place from 01.11.1944 until 30.03.1945, all the men were sent to "Niebelungen" and on 13.04.1945 all the estonians were now sent to 20th SS Division - so they served only 2 weeks in 38th division?
Did all the estonians went to 20th or did some of them stay in 38th?

Here are the names of the men who took part of the 18th Lehrgang in Bad Tölz ...

Aavik, Edgar
Aule, Olaf
Eeltamm, Ilmar
Ennus, Harry
Gorshkow, Kenneth
Hämar, Rudolf
Kargaja, Hans
Kõks, Endel
Liigand, (?)
Loone, Harald
Luhaäär, (?)
Maganov, Kirill
Marg(d)us, (?)
Mõrd, Eduard
Mägi, Ensio
Mägi, Heino
Mägis, Olaf
Mägis, Philip
Vaga, Gustav
Värk, (?)
foorum.rindeleht.ee
Ultima
Kasutaja

Thanks for your answer. Great information! What is your source for the date of 13.04.45 sending all estonian back to the 20.SS?

Was Hanson not at the 18. at Bad Tölz?
Kasutaja avatar
uscha
Administraator
Kontakt:

"Lühike ülevaade mõningatest Eesti üksustest Wehrmachtis, politseis ja SS-is" by Leo Tammiksaar, 2001.
Was Hanson not at the 18. at Bad Tölz?
He is not in the list but that doesn't have to mean that he was not in the 38th division. Maybe the list in Leo's book is incomplete?
foorum.rindeleht.ee
Ultima
Kasutaja

uscha kirjutas:"Lühike ülevaade mõningatest Eesti üksustest Wehrmachtis, politseis ja SS-is" by Leo Tammiksaar, 2001.
Thanks for the source, so i know why i'm looking for this one :-)

Liigand,? , could be Liigand, Ilmar.

So no information about the units they are at duty at 38.SS and if they had combat action on western front?
Kasutaja avatar
uscha
Administraator
Kontakt:

No information about the first name of Liigand. Could be Ilmar but can't say that for sure.

38th SS division didn't take part of the combat actions and surrendered to 3rd USA army.
foorum.rindeleht.ee
Ultima
Kasutaja

Did you have any information about Hanson/Hansen, Kuno?
Kasutaja avatar
uscha
Administraator
Kontakt:

Unfortunately nothing.
foorum.rindeleht.ee
Ultima
Kasutaja

Ok, thank you very much for your help!
Kasutaja avatar
divine
Veteran

Postitus Postitas divine »

Ülo Verner Nerep, pilt võetud 45.a. aprillis Tölziz, peale seda arvati temagi Niebelungenisse.
Pilt
"Maakri ja Kuke nurgal puumajas elasid kaks õde litsi, väga soojad mälestused." (tundmatu klassik, 2013)
Ultima
Kasutaja

Nerep is unknown for me. What was his rank in Nibelungen? Standarten-Oberjunker? And what is your source, that Nerep was at Bad Tölz and after that at Nibelungen?

Regards
Ultima
kass
Veteran

Postitus Postitas kass »

Weird TK he has. Seems like embroidered when looking the black mouth??
Paluks pakkuda kõike Vabadussõja, EW sõjaväe ja II M.s Punaarmeega seonduvat (eriti eestlased Punaarmees ja Lend-Lease temaatika). Otsin "Tartu" kolpa ja kotkast.
Kasutaja avatar
divine
Veteran

Ultima kirjutas:Nerep is unknown for me. What was his rank in Nibelungen? Standarten-Oberjunker? And what is your source, that Nerep was at Bad Tölz and after that at Nibelungen?

Regards
Ultima
Source is the man's words, he's still alive and doing well. Rank was -as far as I know- Oberjunker. As he told me, he and one of his friends refused to go to the Western front (they said to the Germans that they are Estonians and have no reason to go against British). Germans accepted their choice and let them go (it was all unofficial, of course). The war for him ended somewhere in Austria (could have been Vienna, if I remember correctly).

Kass: müts tal peas oli laenatud pildistamise ajaks ühelt suurestükklaselt, lihtsalt, et oleks pildil vingem look.
"Maakri ja Kuke nurgal puumajas elasid kaks õde litsi, väga soojad mälestused." (tundmatu klassik, 2013)
kass
Veteran

Postitus Postitas kass »

Saad sa ehk uuri talt järsku mäletab kas oli metall vai tikitud pea? Mütsirant suurtüki punane küll pildalt muidu ei tundu.
Paluks pakkuda kõike Vabadussõja, EW sõjaväe ja II M.s Punaarmeega seonduvat (eriti eestlased Punaarmees ja Lend-Lease temaatika). Otsin "Tartu" kolpa ja kotkast.
Kasutaja avatar
divine
Veteran

kass kirjutas:Saad sa ehk uuri talt järsku mäletab kas oli metall vai tikitud pea? Mütsirant suurtüki punane küll pildalt muidu ei tundu.

Kui kodumaal oled, siis ise uurid :wink:
Vasta

Mine “Isikud/People”