17. Kp. Estn. Ers. Rgt. 1.

Eestiga ja Eesti üksustega seotud lahingud ...
Paul E
Kasutaja

17. Kp. Estn. Ers. Rgt. 1.

Postitus Postitas Paul E »

Tere Everyone,

My first post on the Forum , i am English but spend a lot of time in Estonia :D

I am trying to find out more information about 17. Kp. Estn. Ers. Rgt. 1. , if anyone has any information about this unit i would very much appreciate it.

tänan väga

Paul
Kasutaja avatar
funker
Veteran

Re: 17. Kp. Estn. Ers. Rgt. 1.

Postitus Postitas funker »

Paul E kirjutas:Tere Everyone,

My first post on the Forum , i am English but spend a lot of time in Estonia :D

I am trying to find out more information about 17. Kp. Estn. Ers. Rgt. 1. , if anyone has any information about this unit i would very much appreciate it.
Tere!

Not long ago i saw question about the same military unit here:
http://www.feldgrau.net/forum/viewtopic ... 24&t=31973

Is those posts related? I have feelings, that this Ers. should be Grzsch. but this is guts feeling only. Actually it's lot easier if you say the person's name you are after and any related info you know.
Paul E
Kasutaja

Tere,

Yes it the same thing , this lady contacted me about her father trying to find out more information , i couldn't find out anything from the books i have so thought i would ask you guys ,

This is the information she sent to me,

My father was only 17 when he had to leave home in 1944 and like many others, he was never able to return to Estonia and he never talked about his experiences. We know that he left Estonia in August 1944 to join the German forces. The details I posted on Feldgrau arrived recently from Deutsche Dienstsellefollowing an enquiry I made there in October last year. This also states that he was captured at Neumünster on 3-5-1945 so obviously he spent very little time in active service. I have his Registration / ID card issued at DP Camp W-8 Bocholt in February1947. He was transported from there to England in July of that year. Wherewas he between May 45 and Feb 47??? I also have a newsletter, originally written in Estonian entitled “OurBoys” which describes the experiences of the Auxiliary Air Force Boys intheir 70th Anniversary year. However, whilst dates match those above, I am not certain that my father was with this group. I have as yet been unableto make contact with the writers or others who might verify this.

any help would be appreciated , i will get his name if that will help,

thanks

paul
Kasutaja avatar
uscha
Administraator
Kontakt:

Postitus Postitas uscha »

German regiments usually had 3 batallions (each with 4 companies) + 3 companies which were commanded directly by regiments HQ (IG, PAK and Pionier). So totally German regiment should have 15 companies. When he served in the 17. Kompanie Ersatz Regiment 1 then I guess it is meant SS Grenadier Ausbildungs Regiment 20 (estnische Ausbildungs Regiment Nr. 1) because sometimes training and replacement units grow alot bigger than they should be at the first place and it is possible that some extra battalions or companies were formed.

I guess her father joined the Luftwaffe in 1944 and served in 127. Flak Abteilung - later transfered to 20. Ausb. Rgt. which located in Schlagelsee, Denmark. Later the unit was transfered to Fyni island and one batallion was located in Assen.

If she would tell the name of her father then this might help a bit.
foorum.rindeleht.ee
Paul E
Kasutaja

Your right the 17 Kompanie thing confused me a bit as i'd only seen German Regts with Kp up to 16 the Pionier Kompanie.

Thanks for the additional info , i am awaiting the full name of her Father,

tänan

Paul
Paul E
Kasutaja

Tere hommikust ,

The guys name was Jaan Bakhoff,

cheers

Paul
Kasutaja avatar
uscha
Administraator
Kontakt:

Jaan Bakhoff was born on 17.04.1927 and he was mobilized to German Army from Viljandimaa.
Served in Luftwaffe (most likely in 127. Flak Abteilung).
foorum.rindeleht.ee
Paul E
Kasutaja

That's great , thanks very much , i'll let the daughter know,

Paul
Paul E
Kasutaja

Have you got any more information on 127 FLAK Abt ?

tänan

Paul
Kasutaja avatar
uscha
Administraator
Kontakt:

Here is some information but it is all in estonian ...

http://wehrmacht.wehrmacht.pri.ee/yksus ... 7flak.html
foorum.rindeleht.ee
arensburger
Kasutaja

Postitus Postitas arensburger »

Estnische Grenzschutz Ersatz Regiment 1
17. Bau Pi. Ers. Kp. (Fellin)
Manused
Summer 1944 everybody is going to defend his country.JPG
Summer 1944 everybody is going to defend his country.JPG (47.74 KiB) Vaadatud 20476 korda
Kasutaja avatar
divine
Veteran

Postitus Postitas divine »

arensburger kirjutas:Estnische Grenzschutz Ersatz Regiment 1
Seda pilti nähtud mitmel pool, aga ons tõesti piiripoisid? Ehk et kas piirikad ikka kandsid välgumeestega sama insiigniat?
"Maakri ja Kuke nurgal puumajas elasid kaks õde litsi, väga soojad mälestused." (tundmatu klassik, 2013)
arensburger
Kasutaja

Postitus Postitas arensburger »

divine kirjutas:
arensburger kirjutas:Estnische Grenzschutz Ersatz Regiment 1
Seda pilti nähtud mitmel pool, aga ons tõesti piiripoisid? Ehk et kas piirikad ikka kandsid välgumeestega sama insiigniat?
See pilt on pärit koguteosest Eesti Riik ja Rahvas II Maailmasõjas. Seda pilti kommenteeris mulle 7 aastat tagasi üks väliseesti mees kelleni jõudsin läbi Madis Üürikese, kes ise selle koguteose koostamisel kaasa oli löönud.
Mees ütles, et see pilt on tehtud Viljandis piirikaitse tagavararügemendi ehituskomanii poistest. Teda ise pildil ei ole ja pildi tegemise juures ta ka ei viibinud, aga olla teeninud samas kompaniis. Ta oli tegelikult astunud lennuväe abiteenistusse ja saanud seal ka vastava väljaõppe. Kuid mingil põhjusel teda flakiväeosa juurde ei jäetud. Selliseid "kodutuks jäänud" lennuväepoisse oli olnud teisigi ja nemad olid antud üle Viljandis asuvasse Eesti tagavararügementi, kus neid paigutatud ehitusväeosa koosseisu, sest rindemeesteks nad kohe ilmselgelt ei kõlvanud.
Mundritest niipalju, et seal Viljandis oli olnud selles osas üks suur virr-varr. Oli igasugust, kaasa arvatud SS-i omi. Puudus oli suurematest numbritest ja seetõttu olid mehed seal isegi erariietes õppust teinud. Samas päris väikesi numbreid oli aga küllalt. Võta mis tahad, SS-i omad olid poistel muidugi uljamad kanda.
Mees ise oli aga sealt jalga lasknud ja kellegiga koos Soome saanud minna. Seal olid soomlased ta radistide kooli pannud. Kui kool läbi sai oli ka soomlastel venelastega sõda läbi ja head inimesed aitasid poisil venelastele välja andmise eest rootsi pageda.
Vot sellist lugu olen kuulnud pildi kommentaariks.
Kasutaja avatar
divine
Veteran

Postitus Postitas divine »

Virr-varr näha ka pildilt, vöörihmu pole, mütsid ka mundritega kõik ei klapi. Prantsusmaskide asemel poisid jälle ilusti saksa purgid saanud, pudeliglamuurist ma üldse ei räägi. Tea, mis rihm neil üle õla tolgendab, ma alguses vaatasin, et äkki siiski konnagaasimaskikoti oma?
"Maakri ja Kuke nurgal puumajas elasid kaks õde litsi, väga soojad mälestused." (tundmatu klassik, 2013)
Kasutaja avatar
speedsta
Veteran

Postitus Postitas speedsta »

Poisid...pigem lapsed.
Vasta

Mine “Üksused & Lahingud/Units & Battles”