Mis märk see on?

Sõjavägi & Kaitseliit Wabariigi perioodil ...
Vasta
Kasutaja avatar
Venepoeg
Huviline

Mis märk see on?

Postitus Postitas Venepoeg »

Fragment of the Russian officer-emigrant in Estonia.
Manused
Шамардин Гавриил Георгиевич (Gavril Georgievitš Šamardin).jpg
Шамардин Гавриил Георгиевич (Gavril Georgievitš Šamardin).jpg (22.98 KiB) Vaadatud 12784 korda
New Bitmap Imagуууe (2).jpg
New Bitmap Imagуууe (2).jpg (22.7 KiB) Vaadatud 12786 korda
Olen Venelane, pole Nõukogude.
Kasutaja avatar
funker
Veteran

Re: Mis märk see on?

Postitus Postitas funker »

Is this image from estonian archve? If so, you can order from there higher resolution
scan - normally those old images are negatives, so you could get a very detailed scan.
Vares
Huviline

Postitus Postitas Vares »

Most probably it is regiment sign of Pskovsk's 22nd regiment of North-West Army.
Kasutaja avatar
Venepoeg
Huviline

funker kirjutas:Is this image from estonian archve? If so, you can order from there higher resolution
scan - normally those old images are negatives, so you could get a very detailed scan.
I did it, this is a fragment from highest resolution scan they can provide.
Kasutaja avatar
Venepoeg
Huviline

Vares kirjutas:Most probably it is regiment sign of Pskovsk's 22nd regiment of North-West Army.
I never heard that regiment has a badge. Only known NWA regiment's badge is a badge of Конно-Егерский полк, but it looks like cross.
Vares
Huviline

At least 13th Narva regiment and 19th Poltavskoe regiment, as well separate tank battalion had own badges which are survived. Several other institutions tied with NWA had also own badges. Most probably 22nd regiment followed wide spread example.

Here you can see survived examples (see: V. Северо-Западная армия генерала Н.Н. Юденича):
http://www.mirnagrad.ru/cgi-bin/exinfor ... 29&ppage=2

PS! View> encoding > auto-select, if Russian text appearing as encoded
Kasutaja avatar
Venepoeg
Huviline

Vares kirjutas:At least 13th Narva regiment and 19th Poltavskoe regiment, as well separate tank battalion had own badges which are survived. Several other institutions tied with NWA had also own badges. Most probably 22nd regiment followed wide spread example.

Here you can see survived examples (see: V. Северо-Западная армия генерала Н.Н. Юденича):
http://www.mirnagrad.ru/cgi-bin/exinfor ... 29&ppage=2

PS! View> encoding > auto-select, if Russian text appearing as encoded
№ 116 and 117 is 100% Latvian Auto-Tank division (regiment, brigade) badge, № 118 is a Latvian shoulder board's emblem for the same unit. And Mr. Selivanov is counterfeiter, everybody knows. Produced fantastic badges and published it. Not much good source.
Maybe you are right but anyway this badge doesn't look common for the Russian regimental badge. At first I thought that is Estonian collar tab's emblem.
Raudrist
Veteran

Postitus Postitas Raudrist »

Venepoeg kirjutas: № 116 and 117 is 100% Latvian Auto-Tank division (regiment, brigade) badge, № 118 is a Latvian shoulder board's emblem for the same unit. And Mr. Selivanov is counterfeiter, everybody knows. Produced fantastic badges and published it. Not much good source.
Maybe you are right but anyway this badge doesn't look common for the Russian regimental badge. At first I thought that is Estonian collar tab's emblem.
You are correct about Latvian Auto-Tank division insignia. Selivanov`s site isn`t good at all.
PALUN PAKKUDA EW JA TSAARI-VENE MÄRKE , MEDALEID , VORMIELEMENTE , POSTKAARTE , FOTOSID, DOKUMENTE JA MUUD.
Vares
Huviline

Are we talking regimental bage on chest or possible collar sign? Regimental bages were quite common signs in white russian movement. Some of them vere produced during war, some after war, but they were there. Tens of them different types tied with post imperial troops. I don't think NWA was exemption. If something is seen as badge on chest (war time or post war pictures doesn't matter) what look's like regimental badge, than ordinary badge it is.

Now what becomes small sign on collar. At least in Estonia in twenties there have been tens (if not hundreds) of societies, associations, clubs, schools or courses tied with russians and white russians in narrowly. Some of them were officials some of semi-officials and some of them had incomprehensible status. So, most possible this sign (if it is sign and not just some decorative "gentlemen ornament") would be symbol of one of them.
Kasutaja avatar
Venepoeg
Huviline

Vares kirjutas:Are we talking regimental bage on chest or possible collar sign? Regimental bages were quite common signs in white russian movement. Some of them vere produced during war, some after war, but they were there. Tens of them different types tied with post imperial troops. I don't think NWA was exemption. If something is seen as badge on chest (war time or post war pictures doesn't matter) what look's like regimental badge, than ordinary badge it is.

Now what becomes small sign on collar. At least in Estonia in twenties there have been tens (if not hundreds) of societies, associations, clubs, schools or courses tied with russians and white russians in narrowly. Some of them were officials some of semi-officials and some of them had incomprehensible status. So, most possible this sign (if it is sign and not just some decorative "gentlemen ornament") would be symbol of one of them.
Big badge is Russian Imperial. We talking about this:
Manused
New Bitmap Imagуууe (2).jpg
New Bitmap Imagуууe (2).jpg (22.7 KiB) Vaadatud 12673 korda
Vares
Huviline

I think than you have to look signs of Russian organizations in Estonia. In 1923 twеnty five of them (русские общественные организаций) agreed to organize one union (союз русских просветительных и благотворительных обществ в эстонии), and by end of 1939 there was allready 94 of them as members of this union. Not counting those who were not members.

You can google:
Исаков С.Г. Очерки истории русской культуры в Эстонии. Таллинн:Александра, 2005.
Kasutaja avatar
Venepoeg
Huviline

Vares kirjutas:I think than you have to look signs of Russian organizations in Estonia. In 1923 twеnty five of them (русские общественные организаций) agreed to organize one union (союз русских просветительных и благотворительных обществ в эстонии), and by end of 1939 there was allready 94 of them as members of this union. Not counting those who were not members.

You can google:
Исаков С.Г. Очерки истории русской культуры в Эстонии. Таллинн:Александра, 2005.
Thank you. I know this book, there is no pictures or descriptions of such badges.
More than 100 organizations and almost 0 information about their badges. Did you meet them a lot?
I have couple of dozens badges but that is scouts, students and school badges/jetons. Very interested to see other Russian badges.
Vares
Huviline

Yes I have seen some of blueprints. Just accidentally, when examined some of early works of Roman Tavast, I noticed some of non Estonian organization badges and signs than. So, I suggest you contact them as they have some old drawings still available. Maybe even some samples. If you want I can share data of their executive director and board member (with my recommendations)?
Kasutaja avatar
Venepoeg
Huviline

Vares kirjutas:Yes I have seen some of blueprints. Just accidentally, when examined some of early works of Roman Tavast, I noticed some of non Estonian organization badges and signs than. So, I suggest you contact them as they have some old drawings still available. Maybe even some samples. If you want I can share data of their executive director and board member (with my recommendations)?
Will be great, thanks a lot!
Vasta

Mine “Eesti Wabariik 1918 - 1940/Republic of Estonia 1918 - 1940”